-
October 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
#24
Inactive Member
Re: Union Bears
Wow I've read all these threads and it's been all over the place.
First I'm going to say in still on the fence on Travis as the head coach.
But guys listen I know it's hard to understand being from other schools but football is all these two former schools have. And their history & tradition is the only thing that have left & when u put two traditionally strong programs together, people can't help but have expectations. Anybody remember when jonesville & Pennington combined to form Lee High? And what their 2nd year or so they went to state? Or how about the new Harlan Co. school? They have did ok for themselves also wouldn't u think?
I hear talent this & talent that but facts are there isn't that big of a difference in the teams of the LPD this year. Now I have watched union every freaking game this year and the same team that had fire in their gut & was excited at the jamboree disappeared after the open week. I have no idea why but I can say this everything starts at the top! There may be some internal conflict and if so it is up to Travis to quell that by removing the person or person's!
Now there are other things I have seen that dose make me question the qualifications Of the whole staff.
1. Why the hell is there a bunch of parents standing on the sidelines during games? These parents need to be in the stands!
2. Against Sullivan North & Central why on dead ball fouls is the clock running & the coaching staff not stopping it especially when we had momentium in each game.
3. Clintwood exposed a weakness in our d-line, so why have North, central, & GC all been able to run the same play at the same kid multiple times In a game and no adjustments even week to week to stop it?
4. How about the 4 plays against central that the qb & receiver were on separate routes? Both seniors that have been teammates since little league.
5. We have no ability to tackle! And Travis even mentions that in the Kingsport times yesterday. Who responsibility is it to put these kids thru the Oklahoma drill and teach them?
Look I'm not saying fire turner after 1 year let's fire the guy, but 3 years is tops. And there should be progress seen by next year. (not state titles) but evident progress. The other coaches are on his staff! And as head coach it's his responsibility to hold them accountable for their positions.
I personally would like to see a little fire & grit in Travis, weed out most of his staff & make calls to his fathers old friends & ask for some old fashioned help on getting this new program on the right track starting with peanut, jv, and varsity.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks